Domain name: The Internet address that points to your website.
Website: A website is a separate entity from the domain name. The website is all of the content that is stored on your Internet address (the domain name).
Hosting: Your host is the entity which allows your domain name and website to display on the world wide web.
Content: This includes photos, videos, and text.
Unique Content: Written content that is not displayed on any other website or social media profile.
Search Engine Branding: When the major search engines such as Google recognize your business name as a brand.
Keyword/Keyword Phrase: The word(s) or phrase an individual types into a search engine in order to locate a specific topic, business, or service provider. Example: If “best electronics store” were typed into Google search, the results would include websites that are optimized for those keywords and relating keywords (such as Best Buy).
SEO: Search engine optimization a methodology of strategies, techniques and tactics used to increase the amount of visitors to a website by obtaining a high-ranking placement in the search results page of a search engine.
Offsite SEO: A methodology of strategies, techniques and tactics performed outside of the website to increase the amount of visitors to a website by obtaining a high-ranking placement in the search results page of a search engine.
Onsite SEO: A methodology of strategies, techniques and tactics performed within a website to increase the amount of visitors to a website by obtaining a high-ranking placement in the search results page of a search engine.
Penalty: A penalty is the negative impact on a website’s search rankings based on updates to a search engine’s search algorithms or manual review. The penalty can be a by-product of an algorithm update or an intentional penalization for various black-hat (illegal) SEO techniques.
Indexing: When a search engine reads your content (pages, posts, media) and adds it to their index database.
WHAT DO WE NEED FROM YOU TO GET YOUR WEBSITE STARTED?
I. Here’s what we need first (to get started on the design portion):
- A valid email address for your invoice
- An idea of the color scheme you would like (Light background? Dark background? What supporting colors? Elegant look? Cute? Classy? Or more modern and eye catching? etc) or even some examples of other websites you like.
- Your business name – how do we refer to you? (if you don’t have a domain name and hosting yet, see step III.
II. Here’s what we will need from you later (after we get the design portion finished):
- A 300 word unique paragraph about your business. We ask that you not copy/paste this paragraph, as the search engines such as Google will see it as duplicate content and this will negatively impact your search engine rankings. We will write the rest of the content on your site, and include anything else you wish to be on other pages (at your request).
- Your contact info you would like displayed, including your name, number, and email address, as well as your city/state (if you would like displayed).
- At minimum, 3 clear photos for each of one of your breeding stock. Each breeding dog/cat will have it’s own page. We ask that at least one photo for each dog/cat is taller than it is wide. Also include any info you want on their page. Some examples of info would be their name, health testing, their pedigree link, how they are registered (AKC, UKC, ABKC, etc), their weight/height, stud fees, the colors they carry, any show wins or show prefixes, a little about their personality, etc.
- If you accept PayPal, we will need you to go to https://PayPal.me to create a permanent link (if you don’t have one already) for your PAYMENT page. If you do not accept PayPal, please forward us instructions on your payment processor, payment instructions, and payment/deposit policies.
- Your contract(s). If you do not have a contract we will need a outline summary of your policies and we will create your contracts (you will be able to revise at any time).
- Lots of photos and videos for your gallery and pages!
- Your social media links such as Facebook, Instagram, Google+, Twitter, Youtube, Pinterest, etc. If you don’t have social media, we suggest creating them. They will help with search engine rankings! While over 70-85% of your traffic will be from your website, social media will help Google, Yahoo, etc see you as a valid brand.
- Pricing and availability on any current or future breedings and the photos/names of the breeding pair you would like displayed. Also include any info you would like added for their breeding. We can also add a link so customers can request to be added to a waiting list (if you do not accept deposits until a specific time/age).
III. Access to your domain name and hosting account. If you have not yet purchased your domain name and hosting, you can CLICK HERE to be taken to our hosting partner. Currently, they offer a free domain name with the purchase of an annual hosting plan. This step will not need to be performed until the website is complete, or after 4 weeks (whichever is sooner). But, you can purchase this at any time. We will just need access to transfer your site onto your domain and hosting account.
WHAT TO EXPECT (THE PROCESS)
We create your website on a temporary URL and it is hosted on our server as we complete the work. We start with the colors, format, and layout of the site. We add dummy text and also work on the font styles. During this time, you can get your content ready and send your content if you wish. We will then start building your pages. HOME, FOR SALE (available puppies/kittens/adults), STUDS, FEMALES, BREEDINGS, CONTRACTS, BLOG, PAYMENTS, GALLERY, and CONTACT. As we create your pages, we build templates so that you may do your own updates after we have completed your website. We install an easy drag/drop program so updates are super easy and you do not need to know html coding.
A complete website can be ready in as little as 2 weeks if you have all of your content available. However, if you need time to collect content we will work with you. We ask that if this time frame exceeds 4 weeks, that the remaining balance is paid so we may transfer the website to your domain name and finish your website on your domain and hosting account.
After the main design and content are on your site, we work on the onsite and offsite SEO and keyword research. All images, videos, and written content are optimized to attract Google, Yahoo, Bing, Yandex, and all of the major search engines. We also target every state in the United States, as well as a few international countries (by your request only). The SEO is the most time consuming process of your website. There will be approximately 50 more pages on your website that are created only for the search engines to see. Although it is not recommended, you will be able to add or revise these SEO pages at any time in your website admin dashboard.
When your site is complete and final payment is made, we will submit your site to the search engines. It takes anywhere from a few days to a few weeks for the search engines to index all of the pages of your website. Once your site is indexed, it will gradually move up in ranks for your keyword phrases. We use a few techniques in order to try to influence more rapid indexing of your site.
Once your site is complete and in the search engines we will provide you with effective practices and techniques in order to keep your site at the top of the search engine results.